I’m not gonna learn anything over the next two weeks and since DCH did this, I decided I would do better (because, who can’t?)
1. If you try to burn your apartment down by accident, you won’t get charged a call out fee by the New Zealand Fire Service.
When Crackden was almost burnt down by a forgotten mixer, my first stress was “shit, I’ve burnt the house down”. My second was “shit, I can’t afford this”. Discovering that there was no call out fee was a good time.
2. Sour beers are delicious and the best beers in the world. But also $$$.
Thanks to Steph at Craft Beer College, I got to try a whole bunch of sour beers and they are now my favourite beer. The journey started at Beervana and continued onwards. Goldings Free Dive features some good ones in the fridge. You will pay for quality.
3. You should always check how much that bottle of Mikkeller will set you back.
$47.50 for a beer was DELICIOUS well-spent money but was a bit of a shock paying it. By the time I realised, the bottle had been open and that’s a dick move. It was worth it though.
4. Agile Project Management is a thing.
5. No one is gonna do your shit for you so you’re gonna have to do it yourself.
I need to stop talking about shit and do some shit.
6. How to make really good meringue.
There’s a secret. Sadly, I didn’t perfect this in time for everyone’s Thanksgiving present but I did about a week later. Oh well.
8. There is always new music.
THERE IS ALWAYS MUSIC. YOU HAVE NEV2ER LISTENED TO EVERYTHING.
9. Swimming in the ocean will always make you feel better. #swimgang for life.
10. Falling down steps hurts.
I’ve learnt this before. I just felt like learning it a lot more this year.
11. People can do the most amazing of things.
From fundraising for an operation for a cat, to helping another friend get a much needed MRI to a beer calendar, people will answer a call for help or a call to make things better.
12. You’ll always be surprised by who is a decent human being.